I’ll cut right to the chase. What’s been happening in 2012 ‘so far’?
- 97% of Greenland’s surface ice sheet thawed in Jul, 2012.
- Arctic Sea ice stuck near record-low levels.
- Wildfires in Siberia and Colorado.
- The hottest downpour in the planet’s recorded history in Mecca, KSA.
- Monsoons in Bangladesh leveas hundreds dead and nearly 7 million people homeless.
- +600 million people in India being left without power in the world’s largest blackout.
- The Amazon River reached a record height and continues to rise leaving thousands of people homeless.
- Water is still being pumped to cool Fukushima nuclear reactor.
How much do we still need to suffer before getting serious about climate change?